Thursday, December 2, 2010

Richtree Café

Clearly I'm not blogging enough. I guess I just feel like every blog has got to be something epic. However, striving for epic randomness can be difficult (sometimes impossible) so here's a simple something to tide over what few readers I have. I'm actually taking a page from Leianne's blog and I'm gonna write about food - or at least try to.

Now, I'm not a food person and I should make that known upfront. Sure I eat food (well I kinda need to to survive) and I have my favourites but I am no food connoisseur (thank heavens for spellcheck!). I do have one love though, and that, my friends, is pizza. I'm too exhausted today, but someone remind me to talk about my love of pizza. Now that could be a blog and a half but for today, I just want to share my experience at Richtree.


So, today I went with my mama to Square One and we stopped at Richtree to eat. From all the shopping, I was so tired and definitely needed a break (and this was at 12 noon). I didn't know this before but they have a pizza station where they make pizza for you, fresh -- like on the spot! Picture an omelette or crepe station, but 10x better. The chef (pizza-maker) runs the dough though this flatting machine (similar to what Buddy would use on Cake Boss for fondant), throws in some flour, then tops it with whatever you want before throwing the pizza in a pizza oven. True, a pepperoni pizza is so standard, but this one was made just for me!


My mama got a steak sandwich with vegetables. I'm sure if this was Leianne's blog there would be like 20 adjectives describing the texture, taste, and possibly aroma, of the steak. But seeing how, like I said, I'm not a food connoisseur, I will simply say that it looked alright. I  personally hate steak but my mom did say that it was very delicious, and she commented on the bun and how it was perfect meat to bread ratio. She finished her meal off with a latté. I'm clearly not as classy.

 p.s. Blame the poor quality on my cell phone. Neither of us brought our cameras.



1 comment:

  1. love this post! and yes, i probably would have commented on the steak's aroma! LOL

    ReplyDelete